Conservatory of the Landes de Gascogne in Sanguinet
Take advantage of your stay in Biscarrosse to discover the Conservatoire des Landes de Gascogne in Sanguinet.
Located only 14 minutes away, you can easily access it from our Hotel Le Relais.
A new feature to discover in Sanguinet
The objective of the Conservatoire des Landes de Gascogne is to promote the culture of the Landes de Gascogne. He thus retraces the story around two main themes:
- the blacksmiths and cutters of the Landes de Gascogne specialising in the manufacture of gemmage tools
- the spirit of the Landes de Gascogne told through art: an exhibition of paintings allowing to discover the Landes de Gascogne seen by painters since the 18th century. Just over 125 tables are presented.
You will also find in a shop gourmet products from the Landes de Gascogne, books on the Landes and the Bassin, typical berets, ceramics and artisanal paintings as well as honey from beekeeper Marcel Touzé.
Conservatoire des Landes de Gascogne
728 avenue de Parentis
Annual closing except All Saints' Day holidays from 21/10 to 03/11/2019: open on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10am to 12.30pm and from 3pm to 6.30pm (other days by appointment).
- Gemming demonstration: Thursday, October 24 and 31, 2019 at 3pm
- Demonstration of beekeeping: Wednesday 23 and 30 October 2019 at 3pm.
- Gemming demonstration: from 5.00€
- Discovery of traditional beekeeping: from 3.50€
- The spirit of the Landes de Gascogne: from 6.50€
- Visit of the Conservatory and Gemmage demonstration: from 9.00€
Find all the information on www.conservatoiredeslandesdegascogne.com