Take advantage of your stay in Biscarrosse to visit the Musée du Lac de Sanguinet.
The Hotel Le Relais
is located 14km from the Musée du Lac de Sanguinet. An ideal location to discover this place dedicated to heritage
, the environment
Musée du Lac de Sanguinet, labeled Musée de France
The Musée du Lac de Sanguinet presents a collection of 450 objects
, witnesses of the daily life of man
and his environment
from the Neolithic period to the present day. For 40 years, underwater archaeological research
has been carried out by the Centre de Recherches et d'Etudes Scientifiques (CRESS).
The museography presents documentation
allowing an interactive discovery
of the museum. Different themes are developed: housing, crafts, agriculture, animal husbandry, metallurgy, navigation.
Special encounters with heritage in 2020
- Le Printemps des Landes: from 7 to 30 April - Fun and instructive visits with a game book are offered to children from 6 years old.
- The European Museum Night: Saturday 16 May - On this occasion, the museum extends its opening and will be open until 10pm.
- The National Archaeology Days: Saturday 20 June - Discover the challenges of archaeological research.
- Free admission to the museum: Sundays 5 July and 2 August - Enjoy free admission to the museum for everyone! Guided tours will be offered free of charge on Sunday 5 July.
- The European Heritage Days: Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 September - Free admission throughout the weekend. Guided tours will also be organised.
- La Fête de la science: October - An archaeological survey will be proposed to you to experience the profession of archaeologist and to learn about the stakes of archaeological research.
Lac de Sanguinet Museum
112 Place de la Mairie
Find all the information on www.musee-lac-sanguinet.fr
- Adult : 4.50 € per person
- Child (+ 6 years old) : 2.50 €
- Child (- 6 years) : free